- Organic olive oil cooking spray
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup extra light olive oil
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3 tablespoons organic orange juice
- 1 ½ cups organic pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 ½ cups organic flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- ½ cup organic walnuts, chopped
- Spray bread pan. Beat eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and orange juice together. Stir in pineapple chunks.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to pineapple mixture. Mix well. Fold in walnuts and pour into sprayed pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees. Check at 50 minutes. Test to see if toothpick comes out clean. If not, check every 5 minutes until done.
- Cool in loaf pan for 15 minutes and then remove to rack to finish cooling. Store in refrigerator.
- Organic pineapple has enzymes that support the digestive system and contains micronutrients believed to protect against cancer and blood clots. Organic pineapple juice stimulates the kidneys and aids in removing toxic elements from the body. Organic walnuts assist in lowering LDL (the bad cholesterol) and the CReactive Protein (CRP), which has been recognised as a predictor of heart disease. Olive oil protects the body against inflammation because it contains antioxidants. Olive oil also helps reduce arthritis-related inflammation.
Recipe taken from the book Organic for Health by Sandy Powers